Malta




Mostly known about the tourism industry that you can find in those tiny islands, Malta have seen many kind of cultures ruling their territory along the history, mainly because of their strategic situation. Considering that I don't know too much about this country, and I don't really want to be a copy of the wikipedia, I'm just going to say, as a detail I think is not very known, that the country name comes probably from the greek word "meli", what means honey in english. That's definitely a sweet name for a country.

Talking about football, Malta is not one of the giants of Europe, that's pretty clear, as its National Team is, unfortunately for them, one of the weakest teams in the UEFA confederation, and they have never participated in any of the major tournaments like the European Championship. As I'm from Spain, I have to say that one of their most remembered moments in their recent football history is linked with us, since their worst defeat in their whole history (12-1 in the Benito VillamarĂ­n stadium, in Sevilla) came from our national team, when we needed to score 11 goals in the last game of the Euro 84 classification stage to become the first classified in our group and get a ticket for that competition.

The shirt I have was another bargain in ebay, a bit small for me but it didn't matter since I had only paid for it 14€, so it's another country less in the list and a step closer to the remarked goal.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment